Friday 2 February 2018

Karen Burniston's New Cake Pop-Up Birthday Card

I absolutely love Karen Burniston's new Cake Pop-Up die set!
I recently made a wedding cake card with it, and wanted to make a similar design of card, but with different patterned papers, and as a birthday card.
I used papers from Carta Bella's 'Flora' 6x6 pad, and love how the card turned out!

I used circle dies to create a plate around the base of the cake, which I cut in half along the fold, to create less bulk when the card closes.
I thought it would be fun to add a napkin to the side of the card, using a die from the Coffee Cup Pop-Up die set.

The flowers and leaves are all from the Flowers and Bees dies set, with Nuvo Crystal Drops Bubblegum Blush flower centres.

I decorated the cake with gold glitter card stock cut with dies from the Cake Trims set. The bows are also from the same set, and the candle comes with the Cake Pop-Ups set.

I just love the mechanism of this die set!! It's genius!
The cake folds down in itself as the card closes.

I kept the card front simple, with more gold glitter card stock cut with the new Happy Birthday die.

Product Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment