Tuesday 6 February 2018

Karen Burniston Design Team Challenge - Castle & Princess Pop-Up Card

It's Karen Burniston's Design Team Challenge time again, and this month the theme is 'Castle'!
Karen recently released the most gorgeous ever Castle Pop-Up die set, which comes together so easily, and looks so cool!!
The castle also works well on flat card surfaces too, as on my card here.

The castle mechanism is placed on the fold of a card, and the die set comes with all the lovely layer pieces to decorate the castle. I chose soft patterned papers from Craft Consortium's Tanya Whelan 'Wild Rose' 12x12 pad, and First Edition's 'Floral Pavilion' 6x6 pad.
The clouds and banners also come in the Castle Pop-Up set.

This picture shows better the mechanism of the card. There are tabs on the inside of the castle, which I covered over with more green patterned paper.
I hand cut the little path, and the hillside with trees die comes from Karen's new Outdoor Scene set.

I used the Princess and Mermaid die set, which creates different hairstyles and clothing for the figure, plus beautiful little accessories! I used Pearl Drops on the cheeks.

For the sentiment inside the card I used Word Set 5 - Royalty, which includes the banner, from which you can cut several phrases, plus it comes with the larger script words. You have tonnes of different sentiment options with this set!

Finally, for the card front, I used a label from the Fancy Label Accordion die set, a bird from the Outdoor Scene set, and the Happy Birthday die.

Product Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment