Monday 10 November 2014

Blue Butterfly Pivot Card for Karen Burniston's November Designer Challenge

Our Designer Challenge from Karen Burniston this month is to make cards which only use ONE colour - either Blue, White or Red (plus a little bit of accent if needed.)
I opted for blue, and made this card with the Butterfly Pivot Card die set, and the Butterfly Accessory Dies set, from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I took some blank card stock, rounded the corners, and stamped it with Versamark ink, and a Damask background stamp from Purple Onion Designs.
I then used the Butterfly Pivot die, filled in the spaces in the middle of the card left by the die cut, then cut out loads of butterflies from blue vellum, glitter card and papers from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea Collections 6x6 and 8x8 pads.

I layered up the butterflies, and stuck most of them on with adhesive foam pads.
I used another Purple Onion Designs stamp for the birthday sentiment, and used Versamark ink again, with silver embossing powder and a heat tool. 
(I tend to do my heat embossing on separate pieces of card stock, because it always seems to warp the card a bit - then I can attach it and get it pulled straight again. If anyone has any tips for not warping card stock when heat embossing, I'd love to hear them!)

You can kind of see here, how I attached extra butterflies to the two big pivoting butterflies, to try and get more of a 3-D drift of butterflies effect.
I then added a few adhesive gems.

The card front. I stuck a butterfly in the top right-hand corner, to cover the back of a butterfly on the inside.
I glued on a metal charm to a ribbon border, with Beacon's 3-in-1 glue.

Some of the products used:


   

6 comments:

  1. How clever of you to stamp before cutting out the card. I simply love everything about it. So many layers and so much detail and to use only one color - just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card WOW....anyone that receives this would treasure this Beauty!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Helen. I know so many people who love butterflies and would be thrilled to pieces to receive such a lovely, lovely card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love this butterfly card!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete