Saturday 16 August 2014

New Stephanie Barnard Sizzix Die Releases at The Stamps of Life

Stephanie Barnard has some of her Sizzix die sets newly released at The Stamps of Life today!
 One of her sets is a border set, which I have used a lot - here I've used just one of the dies to create this solid rainbow effect.
I used the shadow 'thanks' die from the Elegant Flip-its Card die set to cut through the card front, and stuck some acetate sheet to the back of the space left behind. I then used glue pen to stick 'thanks' to the acetate.

Cool shadow!

Another of Stephanie's new sets is a die and stamp set which has lots of circular patterned borders and tags. I used some lovely bright co-ordinating Stamps of Life inks, card stock and felt on this card.

And finally, another card with a similar colour scheme, using another of the border dies, plus the Elegant Flip-its die set. I also used the Sizzix Flower and Tags Framelits and Stamps set by Stephanie.

For this card, I folded over approximately a third of some card stock, before cutting it with the Flip-its die, making sure to keep the folded edge just within the die blade. Then I just trimmed off any excess card so that the folded over third fit perfectly inside the card.

Some of the products used:


   

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I love all your ideas and cards, especially The Stamps of Life :) So glad you are part of the design team there. Thanks for the info on how to "extend" the flip-its to make fun pop ups and more writing space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I really appreciate your comment! Helen x

      Delete