Friday 15 August 2014

Cards for Kids in Hospital - Minion, Lego, Owl Punch & Baseball Boots Flip-it Cards

Yesterday I got back from a camp which I organise each year for girls from my church across this whole area. I'm completely exhausted, but what a joy it is to spend time with them and also the girls' local youth leaders - such a fabulous bunch of people! 

As well as doing stuff like water sports, archery, a 10 mile hike and tie-dyeing T-shirts etc, I also wanted us to do a service project, so we did some fund-raising for the local hospital's children's unit. I thought it would also be nice to make some cards to give to the children currently in hospital there too.
I came up with four card designs which would be suitable for various aged children, and made card kits for the girls on camp to put together - lots of die cutting and snipping for me the week before last!!

My first design is this Minion one, using the brand new Sizzix Circle Flip-its #4, which Stephanie Barnard was kind enough to send me a while back. I shortened it a bit and rounded off the top edges with a corner punch.
I used various circle dies and punches to make the eyes and buttons, and I hand cut the hair and mouth pieces. I kept the design pretty simple.


The second card I came up with was based on this card by Sam Post which I saw on Pinterest.
I used a Stampin' Up embossing folder for the background, and for the 'Awsome' stamp.
I cuts strips of cardstock for the Lego pieces, and used a small punch for the dots, which were stuck on with small square foam pads.
The 'you' is a Simon Says Stamp die.



I also found inspiration for the next card on Pinterest, in this card by Laura Mackie.
The Owl and heart punches are from Stampin' Up, with a stamp from Sizzix, and I made the scalloped edges by cutting circles from a punch, in half.


The last card I came up with uses a Flip-its card base, with layers stamped with a Stampin' Up background stamp, and the peach layer cut with a Framelits set.
The 'Hello' a die from Lawn fawn, and the baseball boots from My Mind's Eye's 'Boy Crazy' stamp set.



The girls on camp enjoyed making the cards, and then taking them to the hospital and giving them out!


Some of the products used:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment