Saturday 25 January 2014

'Crazy 4 Challenges' Colour Challenge Valentine's Card - Pop it Ups

 At Crazy 4 Challenges this week, the challenge is to create a Valentine's card, using the colours Aqua, Pink, Chocolate and Cream - Yum!!

I used the Heart Pivot Card die set by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, for the card base, and also for the two woodgrain heart layers.
I used gorgeous papers from Prima's 'All About Me' 6x6 pad, an old Crate Paper chipboard bird, and a chipboard sentiment from American Crafts 'Front Porch' range.
In the bottom right-hand corner, I used a banner from Karen's 'Banner and Borders' Framelits set, and a heart cut with her Movers and Shapers 'Heart and Wing' set. I used some letter stickers, and a whole heap of sequins, stuck down into Beacons glue. I got the sequins over Christmas from a £1 shop - a massive bag! Lots of fun sprinkling them around! (Haven't done the clearing up yet though...)
I'm making a Valentines card for each of my kids - this one being for my daughter, but I couldn't wait for February, so I gave it to her when she got in from school, and she loved it! (I'll make her another for Feb 14th!)
The card front.

Products used:



   

7 comments:

  1. what a fun card for your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet mom you are! Love everything about this fun vibrant card, especially the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsa! this is gorgeous!!!!!! love the sequins, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there,
    I just wanted to say that I love your blog, which I recently discovered while searching for a pencil case tutorial. I used your one (http://diningroomdrawers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/zipped-lined-pencil-case-tutorial.html) and I posted about my pencil cases here: http://inkspotsandgrassstains.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/my-crafting-pencil-cases-for-children.html. Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete