Thursday 24 October 2013

Happy Birthday Lucy!

 Our eldest child Lucy, is 16 today! I made this card for her yesterday afternoon in short bursts, as she kept coming in the room while I was working on it!
I used Karen Burniston's Pop 'n Cuts Square Card with Ornate Edges base with the Ornate Square Frame insert.
 I covered the frame with another frame I die cut from some October Afternoon wood grain paper, and added some poles cut with Karen's Flagpole die. I put a recent picture of Lucy in the frame behind some acetate sheeting, and added stars from Tim Holtz's Cresecnt Moon and Stars Bigz die, and glued some Sizzix Stampin' Up numbers onto twine.
I inked all the edges of everything.
 For the card base, I cut the Happy Birthday with Cheery Lynn dies, the 'Lucy' with Cuttlebug's Olivia Alphabet, and the banner with Karen's new Banner and Borders Thinlits set.
The ruler sticker (which conveniently had a number 16 on it!) is from October Afternoon, and the star is from Karen's Star and Circle Movers and Shapers set.

I also decided last night to make some cupcakes for Lucy to take for her Seminary class this morning. One of the other girls is also celebrating her 16th birthday today! Seminary is a scripture class which Lucy takes before school, with other 14-18 year olds from our church. They can do four years of study - one year learning about the Old Testament, one on the New Testament, one on The Book Of Mormon, and one of Church History. Anyway, this year they are studying The Book of Mormon, so I though it would be funny to send in Book of Mormon cupcakes! I didn't intend for the icing to be quite so lurid, but at 10.30pm I wasn't starting again!
I used some cleaned rubber stamps for the 'B M'!
Some of the products used:


   

3 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! Everything about this post, your card, the cookies and your sweet adorable family is amazing. Did I mention we plan to bring the kids to the U.K. sometime in the next couple of years? I would love to be able to meet you in person, and with everything my family adores about Britain - Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Harry Potter, Liverpool FC, etc., we might be seeing every inch of your country! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW sweets & a card, what a double treat! I like how you hung the 16 from the twine and the photo in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooh - what 16 year old wouldn't be thrilled with this card! You can just tell it was made with love. Fabulous as always, Helen!
    Cheers,
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete