Monday 22 July 2013

Congrats Pop 'n Cuts card

A card I made for my brother this afternoon, as he leaves his old Landscape Architect job and starts a new job to do with property renovation... (hence the house theme!)
I used Karen Burniston's Square Card with Ornate Edge Pop 'n Cuts base die, with the Congrats insert. I also used the Congrats Sizzlit which decorates perfectly the lettering.
The house border was cut with Tim Holtz's 'Townscape' On the Edge die, and the heart is from Owl #2 die.
 It was hard to get pictures which show the different textures and sheens on the card. I used linen textured card for the pale blue at the bottom, and mirror card for behind the windows of the bottom houses. The red 'Congrats' is cut from highly reflective red card, and the background to the houses shimmers.
I made the background by daubing white card with Tim Holtz 'Brushed Pewter' Distress Paint, and 'Festive Berries' and 'Tumbled Glass' Distress Stains, then spraying it with water and drying it with a heat gun. I wish I could have got a good picture of it, because it's actually quite pretty.
 A simple card front.

Some of products used:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment