Friday 15 February 2013

Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts Cupcake Birthday Card

There are lots of birthdays amongst my family and close friends in March, so I'm making a start on their birthday cards!
I used the following inspiration for this card... The Ribbon Reel Challenge, to use yellow, pink, ribbon, flowers, lace (my doily) or twine. Also, Cute Card Thursday's challenge is entitled 'An eye for detail' - I interpreted this as including lots of detail in the card!
I used Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts base die, with the label insert. I folded back the top half of the label, to make a flat surface, and draped a doily over it. I hand cut the cupcake (with a Stampin' Up scalloped edge punch for the top of the case), and attached the pearls onto it by threading them onto Baker's Twine first. I used Sizzix Bigz 3D Flowers die for the curly flowers with pearl centres, and the Sizzix originals Balloons die.
The' Happy Birthday' was cut using Cheery Lynn dies.

(A little later)

Yay! I made the Top 3, of the Ribbon Reel Challenge!


4 comments:

  1. How lovely! Helen, I love it! The pearls and the doily are such pretty touches. Love your new watermark, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interactive card - its like opening up a party with all the goodies inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your pop up card! This is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete