Thursday 20 December 2012

Christmas Cards

I've done pretty well this year, and have actually made all my Christmas cards. (I did last year too, but only managed about 6 cards!) 
All of the cards (except the poinsettia one) I have adapted from other people's designs - mainly found on Pinterest, so I claim no originality at all! I'm really grateful that people share their creativity, so that 'copiers' like me can have fun making stuff too.
(These cards were the inspiration for this one.)

(The original idea for this card is by Karen Aiken, here.)

(The original of this card is by Jan Hobbins, here on the Sizzix blog.)

(I think this is the original card here.)

I did come up with this one though - I just got the new Tim Holtz Sizzix poinsettia cutter, and cut out cream cardstick, which I coloured with Copic pens, and then moulded into foam with a ball tool, to give a bit of dimension. I stamped the petals with a little script stamp, and then added some 3D Clear Gloss Finish around the edges, and glued a few beads in the centre. I like how it turned out (though I like anything which involves using my new Copics at the moment!)

Some of the products used:


   

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! Really nice and beautiful christmas cards, even if they are "copies".
    Wishing you a merry christmas!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Are you willing to share how you did the beautiful wreath card? I have that Tim Holtz die and would love to know how you added the white edges and what kind of glitter you used.
    Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! For the white I edges, I just daubed some thick white acrylic paint on (from an artist's tube) with my fingers, and added a generic clear chunky glitter. (Sorry, I don't have the brand name any more). Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. What dies and embossing folder did you use on the wreath card? Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! The embossing folder is Couture Creations 'Merry Xmas' and the dies cuts are from Sizziz Bigz 'Holiday Wreath' die. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I am in LOVE with your wreath card and that embossing folder is STUNNING. I have searched everywhere on the internet to try to find it. I have found it but only sites that are not in the US and they don't seem to deliver to the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Here is a link to an ebay listing which ships worldwide:
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Merry-Christmas-Words-Embossing-Folder-Craft-Concepts-14-5cm-x-10-5cm-/400748918170

      Delete